Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Country still lifes with a Fuji X-T1 and Zeiss Touit 50mm macro

We did another set of still life photos in the studio. This time it was for a project on a kitchen theme. The photos need to be soft, delicate, with a muted palette, and have a country feel to them.

The camera used was the Fuji X-T1 with my favorite macro, the Zeiss Touit 50mm f/2.8. All the images were taken back lit by available window light softened with a scrim.








  



As we often do when shooting still lifes, Janet, our stylist, was preparing setups on one table, while I am next to her on another table doing some other shots so as to maximize our time spent in the studio. All the photos above were styled by Janet while I was working on the shots below for another project.



  



2 comments :

  1. Nice set of images - wonder if I need to change our Fuji macros for a Zeiss…:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures, indeed. But I wonder whether one needs a 1:1 macro for such pictures at all.
    In other words, these pictures, like so many elsewhere, do not tell me anything about the rendering of this lens in situations that it is primarily made for - macro.

    ReplyDelete