Thursday, March 31, 2016

Fuji's holy trinity of XF zooms and Acros-R simulation -- a hot combo

Ever since the new west concourse tunnel opened into the Oculus structure of the World Trade Center, I have been wanting to go down to continue my photographic series that has been documenting the reconstruction of the area from the beginning. I had been waiting for a clear day with a cloudless sky because my plan was to create strong, dark, graphic compositions of the new architecture against a dark background.

This is my photo kit for this photo shoot: Fuji's holy trinity of fixed aperture zooms with an X-Pro2.

All of my earlier photos were taken with a Leica M for the quality level it produces. I have been so impressed with the results from the new Fuji X-Pro2 with its much improved 24mp sensor and processing engine that I decided to use it instead.  For the lens complement I decided upon the holy trinity of Fuji X zooms, which included the 10-24mm f/4, 16-55mm f/2.8, and 50-140mm f/2.8. I tossed the 1.4x teleconverter in my bag just in case I needed a longer focal length, but never used it.

The lens quality of the red dot Fuji zooms is as close as it gets to an actual prime lens. Combined with the improved X-Pro2 the combo is hard to beat.

For the film simulation mode, I chose Acros-R for the exteriors to darken the sky, and dialed in some additional darkening to the shadow tones. For the interiors I went with straight Acros.














2 comments :

  1. Lovely images! Great use of light, shadow, and geometry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent selection! I'm totally agree with you. But, i would like to see your more photos. (?)

    ReplyDelete